Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Country :)

Sometimes I think that I don't love my country so much. Well, yes, it's nice to know you're Filipino, but when I take a look at what are around me, I wouldn't go like, "WOAAAAH! Awesome." Take a look for yourself, broken-down roads, filthy riffraff, polluted rivers, tainted atmosphere. I've traveled to numerous countries, and what I saw was nothing quite like ours. They had a lot of trees, spotless roads, the gorgeous scenery and everything you'd see there would leave you gobsmacked.

I suppose we could blame our government, right? I apologize for the word that I will use, but those corrupt bastards don't seem to care do they? Well, maybe they have sympathy in their hearts that feel the urge to change this country. But, I don't think that the majority of them see it. Money this, money that! They don't seem to know how to use it suitably for the needs of the people.

I know for a fact that there are politicians, philanthropists, and others out there who're already doing something to make our country and the people who live in it benevolent and exhilarated by which they see that we can show the world that our country is truly sublime. We are going to show them that the Philippines is indeed beautiful.

2 comments: